Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Church



San Agustin has been our haven. It has been a silent witness to our love, fights, reconcilations, talks and basically watched our relationship grew for the whole six years.
We have been attending mass here every saturday ever since Board exams. I know what you're thinking, board exams? Shouldn't it be Saint Jude or Baclaran? The thing is, my girl here gets easily dizzy in crowded places, and when I say dizzy I mean fainting dizzy. We tried attending mass at Baclaran but she fainted even before we get pass the main doors. So I told her why not just attend church here in San Agustin. Its near Mapua and the Review Center and accessible plus there's not that much people attending mass here - and I think God is big enough to hear our 'Please help us pass the board exams' plea from anywhere. So it started as just for Mass and then afterwards we'll light a candle to Saint Rita of the Impossible. From there it became a Saturday habbit for us to go there. One day we came in earlier than usual and arrive before a wedding was done. We watch the wedding even though we don't know who they were, I guess we both silently wishing to ourselves that we were the ones in the altar. After that we usually come in early and watch the weddings.
Then there were also the fights, When we have some misunderstanding and she'll end up saying she doesn't want to see me, or I'd end up not answering her calls we both end up finding each other sitting inside San Agustin. Reflecting. I used to tell her that no matter what our problem were when I'm inside the church, nothing seems to matter but our love for each other. We'd always end up going home together. That's how the church became a silent listener to all our troubles, me trying to explain to her what happened and her telling me how she feels. I guess that's why the church end up being special to us. From then on, we've always wanted to get married in San Agustin, and next year she'll be walking down that old aisle in Intramuros, and I'll be be standing at the altar - nervously, waiting... for the rest of my life to start.

4 comments:

aurea said...

i love your photo sa bintan. i'm so happy sa upcoming wedding niyo. i really hope maka-attend ako. congrats and best wishes in advance. - au

Unknown said...

ei pio guanio, nakwento ko na ba abt nahilo din si tin sa st. jo? haha. bata pa kami non tas akala ko nijjoke lng nia ako na wala sia makita. un pla nagdilim na ang paningin sa hilo tas irescue kami nung 1 aleng nagbbenta ng sampaguita. me pinaamoy sa kanya, cant rem kng wyt flower ba hehehe!

Pio and Kristine said...

hehehe hindi pa yata pero believable:P kasi naglakad nga lang sa dost sa bicutan nahilo na yan e;)) (yan si diouana ang aking best friend in law, maid of honor ng mama ko)

DI ba no mama?

Anonymous said...

san po kayo nakahanap ng mananahi and howmuch po?